When VLM began publication, we regularly included reader’s comments. We stopped publishing them when we were overwhelmed with emails.
Because of news and editorial especially pertinent to SDVOSB/VOSB, we drummed the section up again. Identifiers are redacted.
A new comment on the post “Why Shinseki Should Resign”
I’m not totally sure he should be fired. Many times we are too quick to get rid of one problem only to bring in another. This problem was there long before he got there. I do agree that the help that veterans get is pretty sad. I have submitted a complaint at the VAMC in Hampton, VA. I don’t know if they have a secret list but I do know they were doing the bait and switch for appointment and thought years ago it was to meet their goals. I would call they would schedule me an appointment then the day before almost every time they would cancel. Let’s look a little deeper at the dis-service that veteran business receive from CVE. How about the red tape a business has to go through when they know you are a veteran business. They don’t hire people that really want to help veterans. It is just lip service and downright fraud in some cases. Just try calling someone at the VA. No one wants to give you their last name or email. If you don’t know who they are they will deny ever talking to you. I asked if I could help them with the problem but they continue to give opportunities to people that don’t care but just want the money.
I do know that wasting time answering questions at Congress doesn’t save any lives. I got some suggestions but they never ask the right people. They go right to the same talking heads that worked very little in life.
something should be done about the fact that Shinseki has directed the entire purchasing staff throughout the VHA system to stop purchasing from small veteran owned and SDVOSB owned companies and buy directly from huge Prime Vendors. this ultimately will force all of the smaller businesses out of business who have depended and are depending on the VA for business.
5/24/2014 from email:
Guys do you ever think those in Congress will have get off of their dead asses and have the SBA take over the program instead of giving the Veteran community the usual lip service. Below it says the bill will include asking the GAO to perform another study, excuse me is this stupid or not, GAO has conducted 2 investigations, one prior to the verification program being put in place. In the first GAO report of the 10 firms identified one firm is back as a verified SDVOSB(sad), this guy even thumbed his nose at the SBA OHA, a few others are finally in jail.
The VA OIG Office has conducted 2 investigation’s pointing out all the problems, my question is how many more investigations do we need before those in power take action to fix this mess.
Not a day goes by that I don’t find a contract award by the VA to a firm that’s verified as a SDVOSB misrepresenting themselves as either pass through for another business or as we like to call them Rent-A-Vet’s selling their disability status.
Here’s what I’ve heard and yes I find it stupid the VA verification program is now in the hands of firms contracted by the VA, who have no blanking clue what their doing.
This is status quo for Govt officials.
Email in response to:
“Wounded Warriors” Parts I & II
Wounded Warrior Project sued me for defamation along with Criminal Deception and 4 other charges.
I told the truth about them and that got me sued.
Here are the facts:
1) Steve Nardizzi (CEO for WWP) refused to appear for a deposition scheduled this morning at 9 am. He also filed a Protective order against me. Really! How ridiculous…
2) Wounded Warrior Project sent me a box full of every document under the sun for discovery (the box was too heavy for me to move) and none of the documents were what I requested in my request. I guess this is not a serious case because they are sure having fun with it.
3) Steve Nardizzi (CEO for WWP) has never served in the military and is an attorney. Why is he heading the largest non-profit for veterans? Why did he testify in one of his Declaration’s he started WWP? When John Melia (The real founder) actually hired Nardizzi and Nardizzi used the board to kick Melia out of his company. Is lying on a sworn declaration treated like committing perjury?
4) Steve Nardizzi sued me, I am a disabled Iraq Veteran and this would qualify me for help from them right? No, they sued me. Why? Because I told the truth about what they do with their donations.
5) I believe the reason they sued me is because I am unable to afford the suit, if they were to win the lawsuit (they would sue anyone who ever speaks negatively about them) it would set a very stifling effect across the nation for first amendment rights.
6) How did I get my facts about them for my statements? From former employees, their own tax documents and Wounded Warrior Project Commercials on Fox News.
7) Why doesn’t Fox stop running their commercials?
8) Why am I speaking out on Memorial Day Weekend? Because many of my Brothers and Sisters gave their lives and deserve all the monies donated in their names to go directly to our Veterans.
9) Independence Fund is the perfect example of a Non-Profit for Veterans that has all volunteers, no commercials and gives 99% of donations directly back to Wounded Veterans. Thank You Steve Luker! I highly recommend you donate to Independence Fund.
10) Why am I representing myself in the case? Because no attorney wants to fight WWP because they have hundreds of millions of dollars to spend pounding me in the ground. John… (The lead attorney for WWP) is compensated handsomely using donated monies destined for Veterans. How do I know this? Because their 990 form shows it
11) Many Heroes went to Iraq and fought for the freedoms we enjoy, is WWP entitled to shut me up? My personal feeling is No, only the Judge can decide the answer.
12) How do you personally feel about Wounded Warrior Project Suing me? ———————————-. Do you think donor monies should be used? Or do you think Naddizzi should use his personal funds like I have to?
13) My Grandmother (God Rest Her Soul) said “Sticks and Stones may Break my Bones but names will never hurt me. I never knew that exposing information for donors can get you sued. I guess whistle blowers in Civil court get sued rather than their right to voice an opinion.
14) Many of the Attorneys who are representing Nardizzi and suing me are CC’d in this email. Once you view the WWP 990 maybe you can ask them “What are they doing suing me?” Oh there are 4 attorneys listed to represent Nardizzi and zero attorneys for me. Why is this important? Because Nardizzi made nearly $400,000 last year here is proof.
15) If you knew your donation may not go to help individuals it is destined for, what would you do?